Fabric Bloom Made from Flower Die Cut

Hey everyone! I finally finished summer school, so I've been able to dedicate more time to my creative projects! I love embellishing my pages with handmade flowers or blooms.  I went to my local fabric store and they had these beautiful silky fabrics in different colors and just grabbed a bunch of different colors.  I used my Sizzix Big Shot and the Tim Holtz alterations die to create the flower that you see on one of my pins and a premade page I have for sale on ebay.  There is some sewing involved, but I swear it is minimal and really easy. Here are the steps...

First you will need your die cutting machine. I don't know if regular paper punches work well with fabric, you may try it out. If you have neither, a stencil and sharp scissors will do the trick.

P8040028



What I do is fold the fabric I'm using on top of the die so that way you get multiple die cuts at the time. This one I folded like 5-6 times.

P8040029



P8040031



You will get 4 sets of flower die cuts with the Tim Holtz alterations die, but I only used the biggest ones.

P8040034



Then grab the die cut flower and fold it in half.

P8040036



Then fold it in half again.

P8040037



Now thread it on the needle and keep all of the flower die cuts on the needle until you have all of them stacked, then sew it to secure them to the base.

P8040050



P8040042



And you're done with the first bloom!

P8040043



You can repeat the same steps with the other die cut flowers. With this die you will get three differently sized blooms.

P8050054



You can either use them individually, or if you prefer, you can stack them to create a fuller bloom... and you have a beautiful tattered flower embellishment for your scrapbook pages!
P8050057









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poinsettia Wreath

Handmade Christmas Trees

Christmas Cards