Cardmaking!

So I wanted to try out some cardmaking, just for fun to see what I could come up with.  I'm obssessed with Tim's rose tutorial, so of course I had to include roses in my creation.  I'm pretty excited about how they turned out, and have them for sale on my etsy! They are very reasonably priced for those who want a crafty creation without paying a fortune (LOL!).  

My Etsy shop: http:\\lizbaas.etsy.com

I'm calling my style/theme for these cards "Music of the Heart."  Hopefully they can reflect a message through their creation, the loving care that went into creating it, and the unspoken words it tells the recipient... I really got inspired guys!



Here are some pictures and details of the flowers and embellishments.

 You can see the glossiness of the roses and the embellies.  I layered Mod Podge on every part of the flower to give it that nice glossy finish, but also to harden it and make sure it sticks to the cardstock (we don't want a card malfunction!).  
This is another view of the card.  You can see the stamping on the left side.  I used an old damask stamp and inked with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Aged Mahogany.  I then sprayed with water to let the ink fade slightly for a weathered look.  The pins are from Maya road and I used them to layer some pearlies and a really cute button from my stash.  

This is the other card I have for sale on my etsy right now.  Equally inspiring!


This card is very similar in terms of embellishments, the roses are also mod podged, but instaed of pearlies and buttons I used this really fuzzy and fun fabric and gold ribbon. TFL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poinsettia Wreath

Handmade Christmas Trees

Christmas Cards