Get creative: Using handmade roses in cards and layouts

As I had mentioned on my previous post, I have added new items to my etsy and will continue adding this weekend.  First I want to get the spotlight on the handmade roses I have listed here:  My Etsy


I have created a layout and two cards featuring some of my items listed right now.  The first I want to share is called "Smooch" and it is a Valentine style layout.  The picture turned out so cute... My son is kissing his cousin Jocelyn, but he's acting a little shy.  I'm so glad I had my camera handy to capture that moment.  I used papers from Bo Bunny Crush and My Mind's Eye Lost & Found.  

I used one of the linked heart dies I have listed here: My Etsy   I cut them from white cardstock so they are easily transformed to match your layout or card color palette.  The one I used in this layout I embossed with two layers of Pearl UTEE and one layer of MS embossing powder in ladybug red.  I love the glossy finish and the amazing palette of red, white, and black.  

The bird cage I bought from Kaylori77's etsy shop.  Check it out, she has amazing little scrapbook embellies!  I embossed with Gold UTEE and the bird that came with it I embossed with the Martha Stewart powder.  

I made the rose, which I have listed on etsy right now.  The batch has three handmade roses and I will be adding more colors soon.  I inked the leaves gold and added some black feathers.  

The next two cards I also made inspired by the pink roses I have on my etsy.  I made two cards in two styles, to show how versatile a color can be... The first one has a modern take on pink, mixing black rubons and a simple black sentiment.  

The second one has a romantic vintage flair, with the vintage image and the flourishes and lace.  

TFL!

Comments

  1. Your layout is gorgeous. Love the heart run and the big flower. Papers are great and beautiful design......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those roses are gorgeous!! Loooove that pretty card...it's so romantic and the colours are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poinsettia Wreath

Handmade Christmas Trees

Christmas Cards