Dad's Day Cards

Well, Father's Day is upon us and just cannot believe that it is already middle of June and it was 103 degrees Fahrenheit in Texas.  So I definitely stayed inside most of the day.  And I created these two whimsical little cards for father's day.  I was trying to have options to give to my husband.

The first one has a nautical air, with the turquoise colors and the beads.  The skeleton clock is Dusty Attic, of course I cannot craft without their beautiful pieces!!!  I inked with blue chalk ink from Cat's Eye by Colorbox and then sprinkled UTEE in bronze.  

The stamped background was made using stamps by Papertrey Ink and Distress ink in Broken China.  The "beads" are actually mosaic tiles I bought at Michael's, and the colors are just gorgeous!

I made the stick pin using a hat pin and beads from my stash.  I added seam binding in a beautiful sapphire blue color.

The next one is a little simpler, and definitely more vintage than whimsical.  I created a new color hue for my seam binding collection! It is a mix of greens that turned out fantastic.  I used Graphic 45 Proper Gentleman papers.

The card itself is very simple.   I dyed and crinkled the seam binding, tied a knot, added a rusted star I bought at Hobby Lobby, tied a knot out of a strand of burlap and glued it to a journaling card by Studio Calico.

The chipboard piece is from Basic Grey and painted with acrylic paint in Parchment by Folk Art.  Stamp by Papertrey Ink.
 



That's all I have for today, but stay tuned, I'm crafting something cool for my hubbie as a gift for father's day!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poinsettia Wreath

Christmas Cards

Handmade Christmas Trees