Cards for OWH

I've been making these cards to donate to Operation Write Home (I have them on my list of blogs I follow:-).   Here are the cards I made and the products I used. 

 This card is made with bazzil basics cardstock in tutu pink, slate gray, and french vanilla.  I used the Martha Stewart deep edge punch to create the edges.  I used a Nestabilities scalloped die to cut the mat for the sentiment.  The stamp is from Hobby Lobby.  I crinkled seam binding and tied three miniature roses to it.  

This card is very simple, the key embellishment are the buttons, which are from Hobby Lobby.  I used a Martha Stewart punch to create the peach strip and used bazzill basics baby blue cardstock as a background.  

This card is made with the same Martha Stewart punch I used in the first card, but this time I used some lace to adorn the edges.  The flower is handmade and I have a tutorial here on my blog, check out my list of tutorials on the side column.  I used a Nestabilities circle die and stamped with StazOn ink in Saddle Brown

This card is one of my favorites! I love its simply vintage feel.  The sentiment is cut out from a sheet of crafty secrets heartwarming vintage images.  The printed cardstock is damask from My Mind's eye and I added a Prima fairytale rose to embellish.

The next card is very shabby/vintage style, and the image is also from the same sheet of Crafty Secrets images.  I also used My Mind's eye papers here to frame the little girl and the sentiment.  I tied seam binding up in a pretty bow to finish up.

I made this card using the same printed cardstock from My Mind's eye and another image from the sheet by Crafty Secrets.  I also added a pink prima flower to embellish. 

The next card is also very simply vintage, with a warm feel that I loved.  I used simple creamy cardstock and glued antique-y lace I bought at WalMart.  Then I added a purple Prima rose and stamped with Stazon ink in Saddle Brown.

The next set is made with white cardstock, and embellished with different kinds of pink details.  The first one is an Easter card.  I used an Easter egg stamp and then colored the eggs with my copic markers.  I tied some seam binding in a bow and glued a miniature mulberry rose. Loved the simple and clean look.

The next card I embossed with the miniature dots folder from Provo Craft.  I then tied a knot using this beautiful gingham ruffled ribbon from Hobby Lobby.  I pinned two of my handmade trinket pins (see tutorial on the side...) and used a nestabilities die cut to stamp the sentiment.  

I used a damask embossing folder from Provo Craft to create a soft background.  I then tied some pink polka dot grosgrain ribbon from Hobby Lobby and one of my handmade pins.  

This card has more color and a modern kind of vibe.  I used houndstooth print grosgrain ribbon and die cut circles in purple and deep pink to frame the sentiment (stamp by Ali Edwards).  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poinsettia Wreath

Christmas Cards

Handmade Christmas Trees