Card Extravaganza!

I know I have been MIA for the past month or so, but I have been so extremely busy and stressed out with school.  It was so hard to slow down and learn to do the best I can and only that.  You see I tend to be a perfectionist, but it is getting to me.  So I stopped doing the one thing that is relaxing for me.  Spring break for us begins today, so I'm taking a little bit of time to post some of the things I've done in the last week.  

I was in the mood to make cards and decided to make some and donate them to OWH.  This nonprofit sends blank cards to deployed military members so they can write home to their families.  You will see the cards are very simple, as in the past I had gone all out with chunky embellies and was told that as beautiful as these embellies are they don't travel all those thousands of miles very well. So I decided to keep things simple but trying to add some texture and details here and there.  

The first card is made with papers from Pink Paislee Daily Junque and stamp by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday.  I wrapped some seam binding around one of the panels and then used some chipboard from Basic Grey Sugar Rush I've had sitting on my stash for a very long time.  I tell you, if you are a layout scrapper, making cards can help use all your supplies!
 This card is also made with papers from Daily Junque by Pink Paislee and stamp by Ali Edwards.  Chipboard heart from Sugar Rush collection by Basic Grey.  I used seam binding to "hug" the card and then added a button and laced it with twine. 
 I think I really pushed myself with this card.  I used like 4 kinds of patterned and non-patterned paper.  But I think it works.  The base card is made from paper from Daily Junque, then I used a white panel that I had machine stitched.  Then on top two scrap panels from the same Daily Junque papers.  I tied a pretty ribbon around and made a bow.  Stamps by Ali Edwards for Technique Tuesday (Loving words).  The bling is from Webster's Pages Lets celebrate collection.
 Another very simple card using the same line of papers.  The stamp is one of my favorite quotes and I love the combination of blue and red. I also used a button and twine to top the seam binding wrap.
 I had gotten this packet of Basic Grey's Out of Pring collection, including the chipboard and everything and just didn't know what to do with it.  I do layouts most of the time and prefer real mulberry flowers rather than chipboard ones.  But I was surprised to see how well this came together.  The sentiment is from stamps from Ali Edwards.
 I totally fell in love with the patterned papers in the Daily Junque collection by Pink Paislee.  Especially this navy and white patterned paper, which looked so great with vibrant, neon colors.  I used stamps by Ali Edwards here too. The twine is from Pink Paislee Soiree collection and the button is from Basic Grey.
 Another card using this beautiful navy and white paper.  I mixed it up with a red button and some neon yellow/green scraps.  I used twine to tie up the button, which is from Jenni Bowlin.
 Another very simple version of the same idea in a card.  Love the simplicity of it.
 I used a bit more embellies for this card, layering seam binding over ribbon and topping it off with a prima flower.  I think I still did well considering I wanted to keep the negative space going on. Stamp from Ali Edwards.
 I love how this card turned out.  Papers from Daily Junque, tag from Basic Grey Sugar Rush chipboard.  The pretty red seam binding makes the card pop. 
 The paper here is from Snow Day by Pink Paislee.  Believe it or not this collection is winter themed.... but so versatile! Loved the combination of pink and light blue/turquoise.  I used a corner punch to embellish.  Butterfly punch from Martha Stewart, stamp by Ali Edwards. Little roses from Kaisercraft.
 I wrapped some twine around this card and then tied it up with a small rose.  The sentiment is from Ali Edwards stamps. Paper from Out of Print by Basic Grey.
 A very sweet color combo: red and pink.  Totally perfect for the sentiment, which is a mix of stamps by Ali Edwards including Mom rocks and Loving words.  Papers from Snow Day collection by Pink Paislee. 
 TFL!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poinsettia Wreath

Handmade Christmas Trees

Christmas Cards