Masculine Birthday Cards

It is no secret that creating a masculine card can be a challenge for scrapbookers who enjoy shabby chic and girly styles... I count myself one of them! So as my husband's birthday approaches, I am faced with creating a card that is beautiful, detailed, reflective of my aesthetic that at the same time is masculine... Definitely a challenge for me!  

But here comes Bo Bunny to the rescue with the beautiful antiquey vintage palette of their Timepiece line.  I took those papers and created these cards and matching gift box.  I'm not sure which one I will give to my husband, but I also have another guy friend's birthday coming up, so took care of that one too.

I cut out a beautiful star/flower pattern from the Bo Bunny papers and used it as a background for a laser cut fleur de lis.  I inked with acrylic paint from Folk Art in red cardinal, vintage gold, and then brushed crackle paint in tarnished brass.  

The seam binding started out white, and I dyed it using walnut stain ink from tsukineko in sienna brown.  I crinkled and then dried with a heat tool.  The metal piece is from We R Memory Keepers.  

The next one is another version of this card made with the same color palette and papers.  I used miniature fleur de lis Dusty Attic pieces that I inked with the same acrylic paints in red cardinal and antique gold.  I laid them straight to simulate a border and then tied the same dyed seam binding several times and tied in a bow.  I used the same metal piece from WRMK.

The box kind of matches the style of the cards.  I had this kraft box on my stash, as it was packaging from one of my many purchases online and I really liked the tiny design and kraft paper.  The metal plate is from Tim Holtz.
 So I cut some hinges and a key hole with the Tim Holtz hardware findings for sizzix.  The inking was done with acrylic inks from Folk Art, in asphaltum and antique gold.  Added some tarnished brass crackle paint in places.  The tiny key is from the new prima trinket collection.

TFL!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poinsettia Wreath

Handmade Christmas Trees

Christmas Cards